November 9, 2007

Agent: Can I help you? Name please?

Jerry: Seinfeld. I made a reservation for a mid-size, and she's a small. I'm
kidding around, of course.

...

Agent: I'm sorry, we have no mid-size available at the moment.

Jerry: I don't understand, I made a reservation, do you have my reservation?

Agent: Yes, we do, unfortunately we ran out of cars.

Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the
reservation.

Agent: I know why we have reservations.

Jerry: I don't think you do. If you did, I'd have a car. See, you know how to
take the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation and
that's really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody
can just take them.

Agent: Let me, uh, speak with my supervisor.


This actually happened to me last week. As I walked into Enterprise's parking lot, I saw that my vehicle was not there, so I had the whole Seinfeld bit ready to go. Unfortunately for me, the agent was a new guy and he was already panicking and asking for help, so I let it go.

Seinfeld Season 9, in stores now.

No comments: