October 30, 2006

I've been watching the first 2 seasons of Battlestar Galactica and have decided it is a great show. It's a little too late for me to catch up on season 3, so I'll wait for the dvd's.

When you want to perform a function on your dvd player that is not allowed at the moment, such as hitting the 'root menu' button during the FBI warning or the 'fast forward' button when there is nothing to fast foward on screen, the dvd player will display an icon telling you NO. Sometimes it is in the shape of the red circle with a slash through it, like the no smoking signs. Sometimes a message will come up and say 'Function not allowed.'

My dvd player has a little attitude problem. It gives you a small 'talk to the hand' icon. But this digital image of a palm facing me is drawn with the middle finger slightly longer and more clearly displayed than the rest of the fingers and thumb. So whenever I hit an incorrect button on my remote, the machine looks like it's flipping me the bird. My VCR's never treated me like this.

No comments: