October 20, 2006

I went to the Sharks game Thursday night with Wayne. The Sharks just dominated the Detroit Red Wings. Our running joke every time a Detroit player tried to start something with a San Jose player was 'You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come in the HP playing that stuff!'

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, see the video clip here on Google's $1.6 billion dollar site or read about it here.

It certainly provided some of the greatest work in by a sports commentator in my lifetime. Some of my other favorite calls include Jon Miller's announcing Ruben Rivera (I think it was Rivera) committing 'the worst baserunning in the history of baseball', and of course Joe Starkey's version of The Greatest Play Ever in College Football.

'You don't come into the OB playing that stuff!' I'm going to use that phrase for poker when playing in Daly City. 'You don't come into the DC playing that stuff! You'll get your butt beat!' I can't wait to bust someone out of the next Poker Bastard game.

No comments: