June 21, 2006

I've discovered another reason why kids are failing school: math teachers who don't really know math

I'm currently tutoring in a few CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam) math classes. The 3 teachers are really nice guys, but 2 of them are killing me by making poor/incorrect explainations and simple mistakes. I don't know the teachers well enough to bust them out in class like I did while in Jason's class. I've only been there for 2 days so far, so hopefully they will get better as the summer goes on.

If the incompentence keeps up, I might have to be like Denzel from Crimson Tide and relieve the teacher of his duty and take over the classroom. Or I can be the Denzel character from John Q and just go on a rampage until someone improves the public education system.

No comments: