May 24, 2006

I own the Poker Bastard . I am the New England Patriots to Dan's Peyton Manning.

I only went over to play in his mid-week poker game because the power was out at our house for almost all of yesterday. I was watching PTI one minute and then everything shut off the next. Finding things to do without electricity was a little harder than I thought it would be.

I went out for a run. I practiced juggling clubs outside. I read a book. I took a nap. I went to Safeway (but power was down there so it was a mess and we couldn't cook with our electric ignition stove and microwave anyways). The power came on just as we were headed over to Dan's place. I thought about just staying home and making up lost tv time, but I can't pass up an opportunity to bust Dan out.

The power went out again at about 1am. That's when it really sucks. At least in the afternoon, there is still light out. Being in pitch darkness looking for a flashlight that is in the next room is no fun. (I didn't get to charge my night-vision goggles because of the previous outage.) I hate the late night/early morning outages because it messes up my alarm clock and there is a chance of me waking up at 11:30am.

I'm glad I'm not Amish.

No comments: