February 17, 2006

My life verse and company motto, taken from Matthew 9:37-38:

Then saith he into his diciples, 'The harvest truly is plentous, but the laborers are few. Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into his harvest.'

I'm going to the World Christian Conference this weekend. I'm usually not a big fan of Christian conference-type things, but some friends have given good reviews of this one. Since I quit my Rescue Mission job many months ago, I've been thinking about what God wants me to do, whether it is to stay in urban ministry or to go and serve elsewhere, maybe even in a foreign country. The WCC seems to be a good place for me to talk to many different people and missions groups.

Initally, I wasn't really sure if I wanted to go, but they gave me a pretty good discount off the sticker price. (I convinced them I was poor. Didn't take much to prove that.) So my President's Day Tournament Golf green fees will go the WCC entry fee. I'm missing golf and the Daytona 500 this weekend, so this conference better be cool. (Out of all the weekends of the year...the Daytona 500, oh well. At least it's not in conflict with March Madness.)

No comments: