February 21, 2006

The World Christian Conference over the weekend was awesome. It feels strange for me to be around so many Asian folks for an extended time though. 85% of them were engineers. But God still loves them. (I realized just how non-Asian I am during this weekend. It's probably from the influences of hockey/NASCAR/country music/living in Richmond.)

The two main speakers (both non-Asians) were really good. Somehow God managed to answer all my questions and fears about missions/service through their messages. It was really powerful and inspiring.

One really cool thing that happened: I was reading a bible passage on Saturday night and for some reason, I told God I wanted to hear someone speak on this passage the next day. You know, because I can just demand things like that from God. On Sunday, a song during opening worship mentioned this passage. I was kind of impressed. Within 2 minutes of the morning session, the speaker made a brief mention of this passage. In my mind, I was saying WOW. During the night session, a different speaker spent a good 15 minutes on this same group of verses. I was blown away. That night, I asked God for a six figure Swiss bank account in my name. Still waiting on that one.

I'm still not 100% sure of where I will be in a few months, but I think I better listen to my Learn Spanish in 30 Days cd. 'Uno, dos, tres, catorce!' might not be enough.

No comments: