January 12, 2006

A few questions to ponder today...

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a noise? And a closely related query, if a car runs a stop sign when there is nobody around, it is a crime? It was a dark empty road and I had no chance to see the stop sign which was obstructed by a moving van. Must have been going at least 35 or 40.

Now that I live in El Cerrito, can I greet people by saying 'Welcome to the E.C., bitch!' followed by a punch to the jaw? I have never seen that show, but I still remember that line for some stupid reason.

What is the worse way to get beat by a river card? In my last session, I flopped trips after going all in (my 99 vs 88) only to lose to a runner runner straight. So next time, I flopped a straight, I go all in, guy with top pair calls and makes a runner runner full house.

If the bird flu infects the country of Turkey, isn't the whole nation doomed?

When Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have their baby, is there some way I can bet that in 18 years, this child will be named sexiest male/female on some magazine's list? I think a recent E! show ranked Angelina and Brad numbers 1 and 2 on some list of hottest celebs.


Playoff picks for this week:

Seahawks -9.5 vs Washington
New England +3 vs Denver
Indy -9.5 vs Pittsburg
Carolina +3 vs Chicago

Playoff record: 3-1
Only a torn ACL kept me from hitting a solid 4 game parlay last week. As long as the Steelers don't knock out any QB's, I'm feeling good about this weekend.

No comments: