October 6, 2005

Every time you get on a plane, they tell you that the seat cushion can be used as a floation device. I was actually kind of hoping I would get to test that out. I know, I'm crazy, but what better place to find out if it really works than when flying to Maui? It's not like there's going to be a chance of a water landing when going from California to Texas or Idaho. Unfortunately, the flight turned out fine.

The Hawaiian language only has 13 letters, but they sure like to use those vowels. I'm staying in Kihei, and all the streets are names like Mohokooei and Kaneianiako. I'm just making up words that I can't prounounce, but all kidding aside, the state fish of Hawaii is the Humuhumunukunuku apua'a. Say that one time fast.

One of my goals here is to find the loudest most obnoxious Hawaiian shirt around.

No comments: