April 4, 2005

The past month or so, I've been juggling a lot of things. Mostly balls and clubs, but also one ill-fated attempt with knives. After the knife juggling attempt, I was all right, as you can see by the picture posted underneath (not sure if everyone got that one, a bit of AD humor).

But seriously, a month ago, I couldn't juggle anything. It's actually not that hard to learn. If something is going to fall, just throw whatever you have in your hands up in the air and worry about that later, so you can catch the falling object, something every procrastinator know how to do. I have since learned a bunch of three ball tricks and even a few 4 ball tricks. The ultimate goal is to juggle 5 objects. Who knew that playing with some balls could be so fun? (insert own punch line here)

Lately, I've been practicing more with clubs. That's so someday I can do the ever dangerous 'Dance with Fire.' Juggling clubs and juggling fire torches use the exact same technique. Unfortunately, I can't get more than 6 or 7 catches with clubs. If the clubs were fire torches, I would have burned my head only once so far.

This is all part of my circus training. I have already mastered joke telling. High wire and trapeze acts are next.
.

No comments: