March 6, 2005

Since this is the first Sunday of the month, I wrote a check for my church. The check was number 666. I hope it doesn't bounce.

One of the few checks I write each month goes to Discover Card. The cashback bonus I get from them isn't worth as much as it used to be. I used to get a $40 gift card for every $20 bonus I racked up, which meant I had to spend about $91,000 to get $40. Now the gift cards for the stores I would actually shop at are down to $25 (Borders and Foot Locker).

I mean, what is $40 going to get me at Sharper Image? All they sell are fancy alarm clocks(By fancy, I mean expensive). Seriously, look at their catalogs. 85% of the items have clocks on them. Pen alarm clocks, a remote control car with the time on it, a humidifier with a clock display, an alarm radio that will make toast while in the shower, who needs any of this crap?
.

No comments: