March 10, 2005

Intro to Bracketology

The big men's college basketball tournament starts next week and everyone will be making their picks from Sunday afternoon to Thursday morning. Then there are the people like me who actually get a little bracket busting practice by filling in the conference tournament brackets. (I should have done the bracket for the WGC Match Play golf a few week ago as well.)

I didn't do every single conference, because some of the junky leagues, cough, Big Sky, cough, don't deserve my time or the automatic bid and will be one and out anyways when the time comes. I only put in my predictions for the BCS conferences. The conference tourneys are much easier to predict because these teams have played each other and the higher seed should win most of the time. These things will change when the Madness starts. On to my championship picks. These predictions are for entertainment purposes only.

ACC: NC over Wake
Big East: Syracuse over Pitt
Pac 10: Arizona over Stanford
Big 12: Kansas over Oklahoma
Big 10: Illinois over Ohio St.
SEC: Kentucky over Florida

Less than a week to go....


UPDATE: I correctly picked only 2 of 6 tourney champs and hit a lousy 50% of all the game picks. Not a good sign heading into this week. Hopefully, all my bad picks are now out of the way.
.

No comments: