March 13, 2005

We had our fantasy baseball draft over the weekend.

My plan was to get a certain former Red Sox pitcher who does not play for the Dodgers as my first player. (We bid on players in an NL only league.) And I did. I got Mike Myers. Even though I was wearing my Pedro shirt, Ed wouldn't let me draft Pedro Martinez. I hope Ed's players all get hurt.

I did go crazy and spend a fortune and a half on Tim Hudson. I paid him the money the A's wouldn't give him and then some. He better win 21 games with a 2.33 ERA and get 268 K's.

My team might be in trouble though. I have a football player as one of my outfielders, Bobby King-of-the-Hill as my second baseman, and the average age of my roster is well over 30. but as long as Barry is on my team, I have a chance.


We played basketball today and I sucked it up. I did make the big $10 half court shot, but then I lost $3 playing 2 lousy games of h-o-r-s-e. I felt fine playing, but when I got home, I had a fat headache. I don't know if it was from all the running around or if my brain was trying to figure out how on earth Washington got a #1 seed. Exclusive Mad Cal March Madness picks coming later this week!
.

No comments: