December 10, 2004

New item to add to my list of things I hate doing but I do anyways: opening a new dvd

I got my Dodgeball dvd from Best Buy, which came with a bonus Dodgeball headband, which I will be sure to wear the next time I play organized dodgeball. So to include the headband, it was wrapped together in cellophane with the dvd. This dvd came with a dvd sleeve and I found another layer of cellophane wrap aournd the actual dvd case. After taking several hours to rip that apart, there are three more protective stickers on each edge of the dvd case. Do we really need 3? It's not like the dvd is going to slip off the button thing in the middle and fall out the .13mm crack in the edge of the case anyways. So that makes a total of 2 layers of industrial strength plastic wrap, and 3 security stickers just to make sure that the dvd will retain its factory sealed freshness. Someday, it may take me less time to watch the movie than to open the package the movie came in.

No comments: