February 6, 2008

My own presidential hopes may have taken a hit tonight.

My whole mom's side of the family got together for dinner. My brother and I still sit at the kids table, mainly because the adult table hasn't gotten any bigger in the last 10 years. We were eating with our younger cousins. One of them, Eric, is 18 and he bums around the house all day. The only words in his spoken vocabulary are 'nothing' and 'I don't know.' We were talking about how he should do something with himself, when 7 year old Kelly asks him 'What do you want to be when you grow up?' He says 'Bill Clinton.' So then I ask little Kelly if Eric was running for President and I was running for President, who would she vote for. She answers 'Eric, because he's my cousin.'

This is my mom's brother's daughter, which technically makes me her cousin too. But if she is willing to pick a guy whose greatest skill is playing CounterStrike for 4 hours a day over me, maybe I need to rethink my plans for the 2016 election. Thankfully, Kelly still won't be able to vote by then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I quit.