December 20, 2007

I am intentionally keeping a library book past its due date. I can't renew it because it's considered a 'new' book, so I'm willing to play the 25 cents per day until I'm done reading it. (Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy. It's going to be harder for me to root against the Colts in the playoffs. New England 19-0!)

Some fines are okay. Others are not. In the past 3 months I have been assessed $121 in parking tickets.
Who is to say that I can't park for more than 2 hours in one spot? The streets belong to the people! I pay my taxes! (Which makes me more mad when I realize I'm paying the freaking meter maids salaries!) When I'm President, I'm banning 2 hour parking. Street cleaning tickets got to go too. Like that big truck driving by with blowers and a big toothbrush is really cleaning anything. You still won't be able to park in blue zones or double park.

Of course, when I'm President, I will be able to park anywhere I want. I won't be one of those Presidents who has drivers taking them everywhere in bulletproof limos. I'm going to drive myself around either in a pickup truck or a street legal version of the 24 Dupont Chevy. The NASCAR vote is going to be a big part of my campaign strategy. That and free tacos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beware of Library Cop