March 29, 2007

Brrr, it's cold in here. There must be some haters in the blogosphere.

Female blogger gets online threats, gets scared and cancel speaking appearances, other bloggers either pile on or write in her defense. Maybe I'm just really insensitive, but is it really a big deal? Yes, I agree some of the stuff they wrote/posted about her were not very nice, but do you really expect all the people in the online community to be nice and civil to each other? Even sites like youtube is filled with hateful and disrespectful comments.

Is an anoynonmous comment posted online really something to stay home and worry about? I hear kids threaten to beat each other up all the time. (I end their threats to each other by telling them I will kick both of their asses if they start a fight.) I'd be much more scared if someone on the street (say in Richmond) walked up and threatened me.

Maybe someone will post mean comments on this blog so I can fear for my life and cancel my work appearances.

No comments: