February 15, 2007

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."

Apparently that's NASCAR's motto this season. Teams are getting busted during inspection left and right, including my superstar 24 Dupont Chevy team. So Jeff Gordon has to start from the back in the Daytona 500. Not a big deal. That man can win from anywhere.

A 72 year old driver tried to qualify to run Daytona this season. Something scary about having a man that old in control of a vehicle moving at close to 200mph. He had an advantage because he could stop in any pit stall without penalty by displaying his handicap placard. Unfortunately, he failed to make the race because he left early to get the early-bird dinner special at Denny's.

Toyota is racing Camrys at the Cup level this year. That's cool because my Camry has been NASCAR ready for years. I took the hubcaps off to give it a racecar look. I even put a big scratch on the right side so it looks like I scraped the wall coming off turn 4. I just need to stick a big '24' sticker on the top of my car and I'll be ready to go fast.

No comments: