March 29, 2006

If I listened to the radio more, I would need to get satelite radio. I hate listening to local radio stations. (I do have a cd-changer in the car, but I still need to mix it up every now and then. And who has time to swap out 12 cd's on a regular basis?) Somehow, every one of my preset stations schedules all their commercials to play at exactly the same time. I dislike all radio dj's. They always feel a need to be funny in five second spurts and must have that fake happy and excited voice. Just play music and stop talking.

But what I hate most is how radio stations have those call-in contest. And every single time they pick a winner the following conversation takes place:
"You're caller number 10!"
"For real? Really?"
"Yes, for real."
"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! YEAAAAAAAAAA! WHOOOOOOOOO!"
"You're our winner! What's your name?"
"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I never win anything! This is amazing! Oh my! My name is Jane. I call all the time and this is the first time I've ever won! I can't believe it! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"
"COngratulations Jane! Where are you from?"
"AAHHHHHHHH! Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! I'm in Oakland! Oh, I can't believe I actually won!"
"Are you listening at work?"
"Yeah, and this just made my day! Oh my gosh! Wow! I can't believe it! I actually won!"
"Yes, Jane, you have won a special 2-cd pack and a stick of gum! Congratulations. What station rocks Oakland?"
"Oh my! Thank you, thank you so much. I love listening to WKRP!"

I'm glad that Giants games will soon be broadcast on KNBR.

No comments: