May 9, 2005

What I learned today: Albertson's shoppers in San Pablo are smarter than Albertson's shoppers in El Cerrito.

I do the majority of my grocery shopping at the San Pablo Albertson's because it is only 5 minutes away from my house. But I was out in El Cerrito tonight and decided to stop by the Albertson's there on my way home. Most large grocery stores have 2 entrances, but late at night they usually close one of them for security reasons. This happens all the time at the SP store.

So tonight at the EC store, I heard one of the clerks make an announcement over the loudspeaker: 'Please exit the store on your right. The doors on the left are now locked.' I never hear them make this announcement at the SP store, so I thought it was very nice of them to let us know.

Three minutes later, I hear another announcement: 'Once again, please exit to your right after you checkout. Thank you.'

And less than three minutes later: 'THE DOORS ARE LOCKED!' I was really tempted to go to the doors on the left just to see what would happen, but he sounded really mad and I didn't want to risk having my Albertson's card taken away. In any case, it just confirms my theory that at least 90% of the world is stupid.
.

No comments: