April 25, 2005

This past weekend's NFL draft inspired me to find out what my 40 yard time would be. So last night, I marked off 40 yards in front of my house and stretched for about 2 minutes. Jason timed my first run at 5.97. I went off for a short run and then came back for my second sprint. I timed myself at 5.82. That would put me as the 8th fastest punter on the board. Mel Kiper Jr. projected I would go to the San Jose Sabercats in the 13th round. I think my times could have been better. I was running on a cold night, on asphalt, in the dark. If I ran on a sunny day, with the wind to my back, on a track surface, with my spikes, going downhill, I could probably clock a 5.33.

I don't like Alex Smith. I think Aaron Rodgers is in a really good situation in Green Bay. And I will not feel bad that Aaron lost out on the top pick signing bonus money when he will have a job playing a game that will still make him richer than 99.35% of the world.
.

No comments: