April 10, 2005

It was the BEST WEEKEND EVER! At least the best weekend of the year so far. A recap in pictures:



U2 kicks ass. I need not say more. But I will add that Kings of Leon suck.



Giants wipe the floor with the Rockies. Win 2 games late on clutch home runs, then decide to just blow them out for fun.



Jeff Gordon comes from 3 laps down to knock Kurt Busch out and take the 24 Dupont Chevy to Victory Lane. That's what Busch gets for stealing last year's championship from Gordon.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Had a chance to get together with a good bunch of friends for a potluck dinner. I made bacon wrapped asparagus.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Got a video card from my brother for my computer. My card had stopped working, so for the past few days, I was forced to use 600x800 resolution on my monitor. Now my screen looks normal, not like some zoomed in pixels.



Before the NBA season began, I made a $20 bet with my brother that the Golden State Warriors would not win 40 games as he said they would. I was so confident in this bet, that I if I lost, I would eat a basketball. About midway through the season, when it was obvious that the Warriors would not come close to the 40 win mark, I gave him a second way to win: if the Warriors put together a 10 game winning streak, I would lose the bet and still eat a basketball. Well, this Baron Davis guy is better than I thought and they somehow won 8 games in a row, beating quality teams. Tonight's game was against the Spurs, who just played a double OT game last night. San Antonio was already without Tim Duncan, and I saw that their second best player, Manu Ginobli, was not going to play tonight. The only score update I saw was the Warriors leading with about 10 minutes to go in the game. I was thinking about getting my barbeque grill ready, but then I saw the final score: SA 136, GS 134 in double overtime!! Thank you, Tony Parker.
.

No comments: