April 16, 2005

I haven't drank any soda this week. If it's supposed to make me healthier, why does my lifeforce feel like it's depleting? I usually drink soda because it's cheaper than juice (or alcohol for that matter, not that I consume alcoholic beverages) and the taste of water gets boring. I just want to see how long I can survive without the caffiene and carbonation. Anyone want to place a bet on when I have to crack open a Pepsi?

If you want some more action, you can bet on who will be the next world's holiest man. Doesn't betting on the next pope just sound wrong? The story says 'Yes, gambling is acceptable as long as it is pursued for fun rather than profit and does not impinge upon the bettor's ability to provide for his needs or those of his dependents. That's according to the Roman Catholic catechism.'

But there are still other questions. Is it possible to get inside information through prayer? If my church is against gambling, do I have to pay tithes on my winnings? Should I go with Claduio Hummes of Brazil at 8-1 or take Cardinal Angelo Scola of Venice at 33-1? (These are real odds offered. Place your bets here.)

Bonus pope note: Bet you didn't know that JPII was really the Dark Lord Sauron? Check out this headline from ABC News.
.