February 2, 2005

The West Wing wasn't on tonight, so I had to settle for watching real politics and caught a replay of Bush's State of the Union.

It wasn't as exciting as the West Wing. VP Cheney looked kind of bored himself in the background. I think he started playing games on his cell phone until the Speaker of the House asked him to stop.

I've learned the secret to making a good State of the Union speech. When the President was talking about Social Security, the Republicans in attendance gave standing ovations, but those seated in the blue sections just sat there. Then he would say something like 'Gang violence is bad,' and everyone would give a standing ovation. 'Nuclear weapons are bad.' Everyone stands and claps.

When I become President, my SOTU speeches will be awesome and filled with standing ovations. I'll have all these great things to say. Such as 'Murder is bad' and 'No more late fees.' There will be much applause when I say 'Free snacks in the Senate break room' and 'St. Patrick's Day is now a federal holiday.' I'm going to have my VP starting chants of 'U-S-A! U-S-A!' and the House Speaker waving the flag in the background. And I'm going to end the speech with a concert by the First Lady Beyonce.

Remember to get out and vote for me in the 2016 election.

No comments: