February 9, 2005

WARNING: If you have a dog, like animals, or are eating something, do not read this post. I will not be offended if you don't read. Due to graphic descriptions, parental guidance is advised.

I saw someting that grossed me out at first, but then got me mad. It was the most horrific roadkill I had ever seen.

(Last chance for dog owners, animal lovers and people who might barf on their keyboards to stop reading. The following sentences contain disturbing descriptions. You were warned.)
While I talk a lot about punting poodles and kicking dogs, I don't wish this upon any canine. A dog had been destroyed in the middle of the street. It was hit with such force that it's body was split wide open with all its organs exposed. The dog's head was actually laying a few feet away from the rest of the body. It was pretty sickening. (Remember, I warned you.)

What got me mad was this was on a street right in front of an elementary school. (It happened within an hour of school being let out.) That meant the bastard driver who hit/ran over the dog while flying around the corner at high speeds (and he had to be going pretty damn fast) could have come close to hitting some small kids as well. I feel bad for the dog, but was also glad the act of reckless driving did not harm any people.

I hate drivers in Richmond. Stop signs are optional. Having a license is optional. Insurance is optional. Green means go, yellow means go faster, and the first 2 seconds of red mean go very fast. Oncoming cars will make a left turn in front of me without signaling. If a monster truck rally ever needed cars to run over, I've got plenty of vehicles to volunteer.

No comments: