September 9, 2008

You know a lot of things don't make sense to me.

If a person came into my backyard and climbed up in my tree and decided to live there so I couldn't pave over my yard to put in a basketball court, one of three things would happen:

1. I call the police. They get him out of my tree and toss his butt in jail for trespassing.

2. I go to Home Depot, buy the biggest chainsaw I can find and start chopping away.

3. I use my tree to start the biggest bonfire ever seen. We can roast the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. (This would be the most fun. Try and get down now, tree-loving bastard!)


It has cost us (it's taxpayer money, right?) over $750,000 in security costs and added another $20,000,000 or so to the cost of building the sports facility. I don't understand why UC Berkeley has had so much patience with these idiots in the trees. If you want me to refer to you as Flying Cricket or Ocho Cinco, I am not going to take any of your 'demands' seriously. These idiots also have probably ruined any chance that any legit Save the Whales type group will be taken seriously in the future.

People want to protest everything now. Lots of protesters today seem to think if you are loud or obnoxious enough, then the other side will finally see the light and agree with them. Strangely enough, this is the same unsuccessful strategy employed by many 6 year olds. Let the trees stand. Chop the tree-sitters instead.

No comments: