August 12, 2008

Cough cough....

I thought I was cured a few years ago, but apparently not. Olympic fever has come back. A week or so ago, I wasn't that interested in the Olympics. It was all Michael Phelps, the USA men's basketball team, and a bunch of people I don't know. I usually just look forward to the track and field events so I can talk smack about how I would have beat this guy or that girl in the race.

I saw part of the billion dollar production that was the Opening Ceremonies. I'm watching women's soccer at 4am followed by team handball at 5am. I'm rooting for the mixed doubles badminton team from Korea. I'm even watching women from Brazil and Greece compete in beach volleyball on the Spanish channel. (Okay, I might watch that even if it weren't the Olympics.) I hate gymnastics and yet I now feel like I am qualified to judge floor exercises and high bar.

Go world.

No comments: