June 6, 2007

Bye bye Bob.

I guess it's been almost 10 years since The Price is Right adventure. There are two things I remember from that day that aren't on the old VHS tape.

1. We got our tickets for the show out of a trash can. This was the most amazing part of the whole thing. I even found an eclair next to the tickets which I had for breakfast. (Season 8 out on dvd this week.)

2. When we had some time to kill before the show, we went to a mall and sat down in front of a Pottery Barn. We decided to test our price estimating skill by trying to guess how much some vase in the store cost. I forgot what the exact dollar amount was ($79 or something), but I got it right on. It was a good sign.


The show to go on now has got to be Deal or No Deal. I dominate the home dvd version. I just need to round up a few family and friends who will advise me 'No deal!' on a $135,000 offer and justify that by saying 'The $300,000 is still out there!' (Seriously, the contestants on this show just get way too greedy and then try to pretend to look happy when they walk away with $5000 after turning down 6 figure offers.)

No comments: