August 3, 2005

Sometimes I come across as lazy, but even when I'm being slothful, my brain is usually running at full speed. Thinking of ways to do less work, what I feel like eating, should I go all-in with jacks on my first hand of a tournament, can I play centerfield for the Giants if Randy Winn gets suspended for steroids, just all sorts of stuff, all at the same time.

I'm sure most of you are like that too. But this morning, I woke up and for a few minutes, my brain was blank. It really doesn't happen to me as much as you think it does. The only images I could see and think about in my head was the blue static screen you get when the tv station goes off air. I even changed channels in my head, and I still got the blue static. I didn't even fall asleep in front of the tv last night, so it was really weird. It was like my brain wasn't working and needed a reboot. So I hit the snooze button three times instead of the usual two this morning and things got back to normal. But for a few minutes, I found out what it must feel like to be a Stanford grad.

No comments: