May 30, 2005

It was an Adam Sandler weekend for me.

On Saturday, I went to see The Longest Yard. I never saw the original Burt Reynolds version, but I thought the movie was pretty good. (Of course, I did like Black Knight.) I didn't think Sandler was that great. His football performance in The Waterboy was probably better. Chris Rock, Nelly, and Michael Irvin did well. Irvin used to annoy me on tv, but I actually like Michael Irvin more as a person after seeing him in the movie.

After a Sunday of churches and hanging out with folks, it was on to Monday's Memorial Day Golf Tournament on the Norman Lau Tour. The course we were playing on was a short course (Willow Creek in Castro Valley), so I was planning to use the Happy Gilmore tactics and drive the ball as far as I could and suck my way through the putting part. I thought I could still score pretty well using this strategy. Some of my partners were actually using the Happy Gilmore putting style. I, however, needed some Anger Management on the golf course. On one of the par 3's, my tee shot could have been called The Longest Yard. The creeks claimed about 5 of my Top Flites, including one I threw into the trees out of fury after putting out on the 17th hole. I did finish with a par on the par 5 18th hole in front of our gallery. Not all was lost, as my team did win the Steak Challenge. And thanks to Norm's crooked BCS scoring system, I still have a chance to be the 2005 Tour Champion.
.

No comments: